Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Hoarder Makes Good

I am a hoarder.

There, I've admitted it.

But finally, this past weekend, I was able to put all the beautiful things I've been saving to good use!
On January 29, Planet Connections Theatre Festivity hosted a networking event at a fabulous apartment at The Plaza!  Wow.  It was pretty impressive.  (Even though we don't officially open until June, the PCTF staff is working hard to produce an amazing festival of live performance that's not only green but supports charities around NYC and beyond, to boot!)  We wanted to make sure that our staff bartenders got tipped and hopefully recoup some costs so we decided to put out a few donation signs.  [This might be something done at a fundraiser or networking event hosted by your company or production.]

The requirement?

1.  Must be Plaza-worthy (aka fabulous)
2.  Must be eco-friendly!

I went to my trusty box-of-saved-"trash"-and-other-good-stuff-that-I'll-need-someday to see what I could find.



Currently unused picture frames


                             

Materials from my (rarely used) craft folder!
This includes leftover wrapping paper, the front of a birthday card
and a free postcard that I picked up at Ikea four years ago.

I have way too many paint chips.  Way too many.


Combine all of these elements together and what do you get?

Et voila!



The best part (I think) is that we can use these again at future events!

What do you have in your apartment that could be re-purposed into something else?  Tell us in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Whenever I have an audition where I'm given multiple scenes, I remove the staple, bring it home, and use it as a scrap printer in my printer--most likely to print out more scripts on the other side! Or, I'll leave the staple in, flip the printed side over and BOOM! Instant notebook.

    ReplyDelete